Indexical is launching a new Volunteer Program. Volunteering is a great way to support our concert series, meet interesting people, and hear new music! People of all skill levels and backgrounds are encouraged to sign up!
More information about the program below. Sign up today!
-Madison Heying, Volunteer Program Manager
How you’ll help
Description: Every Indexical event is made possible by a team of committed and talented individuals. Volunteers from the Santa Cruz community play an important role on our event production team, assisting with everything from recording audio and video to selling tickets or bartending.
Commitment: We are looking for volunteers who can commit to working at least one concert a month in a given season (2-4 months).
- General Event Operations: General Event Operations establish a welcoming environment and ensure guests are taken care of at Indexical events. From selling tickets or passing out programs at the door to bartending, General Event Operations volunteers contribute to making sure the audience’s experience is smooth. Each event requires approximately 2-3 hours of work.
- Duties May Include: Greeting guests; signing in Will Call ticket holders; selling tickets with cash and credit cards; bartending; and setting up chairs, the bar, and front-of-house table.
- Relevant Skills: Friendly, comfortable handling money, able to lift between 10-20 pounds (optional)
- Event Technical Support: Indexical is committed to making quality documentation of concerts. The Technical and Production volunteers will play an important role by assisting with live audio, and/or video of concerts and talks. Some experience with recording preferred.
- Duties May Include: Setting up and breaking down audio and video equipment; mixing live sound; assisting with soundcheck; setting up and running a recording session in Reaper; audio or video editing.
- Relevant Skills: Interest and experience with live sound, audio and/or video recording; must be able to lift 40-50 lbs.
If you would like more information or have any questions, email us at email@example.com.